Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2019

Ikigai , The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life


Bismillahirahmanirahim 


" Only staying active will make you want to live a hundred years"- Japanese proverb 

I have been eyeing for this book since last summer when I'm back to Malaysia for summer break. I first saw this book at Kinokuniya KLCC. Due to awlawiyat one some other books I decided not to purchase. Let us go straight to 2019, it was the day that snow falls heavily in Istanbul and I decided to visit one of the malls and enter a book store. Puff I saw this book on the shelves and without hesitation bought the book straight away. 

Ikigai, the Japanese secret to a long and Happy Life from my point of view is a guide book on seeking the meaning of ones ikigai. Ikigai means passions. We always are reminded to follow our passions and pursue our dreams but we always stuck when obstacles came in between. 

This book is more of a guide books on searching for your path to ikigai. This practice is found among the Japanese and what I can conclude that some of the practice are of Sunnah. For example, to eat only 80% and not until you are full. 

One of the chapters I enjoyed the most is chapter V (Master of Longevity). Under this chapter are stories on supercentenarians (those who live their lives up to 100 years and above). The way they describe life is simple and they choose happiness beyond everything. Other than that, the next chapter on the Japanese centenarians who lived in a town called Ogimi in the city of Okinawa whom it's known as the Village of Longevity. The people who live there mostly are the 90s and 100 of age. The outcomes from the writers' interview with the local area; 

1. Don't Worry 
2. Cultivate Good Habits 
3. Nurture Your Friendships Everyday 
4. Live an Unhurried Life 
5. Be Optimistic

I should stop here now. U should go and grab one and start to find your Ikigai! May the best be with you. Happy reading :)



the book and my favorite cup of coffee at my favorite coffee shop

No comments:

Post a Comment